We’re all familiar with the static cling when we forget to put the dryer sheet in the dryer, especially during the winter season. Or maybe you’ve gotten shocked as you touch a door handle or pet your dog. These shocking experiences are due to static electricity, which is a buildup of electric charges. Winter is a great time to learn about static electricity because the air tends to be drier along with our skin and hair. There are many simple experiments you can do with students or children in your life to connect everyday experiences to science.