“School’s out for summer!” We all have heard those famous rock anthem lyrics at some point in our lives, and well, I’m sure there are many teachers who haven’t been more excited for summer to be here – especially in 2020. This first half of the year has posed its challenges (to say the least!), and summer means taking a break, soaking up a little sun, and getting some much-needed rest and relaxation.
Normally, for some teachers, summer also means attending conferences and taking advantage of some valuable learning opportunities, all the while exploring the ins and outs of new products and solutions that could help in the classroom.
That’s what makes teachers amazing. Even during summer break, you still look for ways to impact your students!
That’s what Pitsco enjoys about the summer as well. For us, summer means that our awesome team is out on the road, going to various conferences, and chatting with all those amazing teachers out there trying to make a difference.
Unfortunately, this year, with the coronavirus pandemic, we have been unable to travel. I know we are not the only ones dealing with these inconveniences, but it’s a real bummer because all the conferences we planned on attending have either been delayed or canceled. This summer, there are a lot of things we are going to miss about that busy and hectic travel schedule.
- We will miss meeting new faces who come by and visit our convention booth.
- We will miss talking to those who have used Pitsco before and want to share the kind words and stories of students using our products.
- We will miss the chance to physically show off all our new products and solutions we are excited about.
At our core, we are a relationship company, and we love building those relationships with others from all over the country! However, since we can’t meet in person this year and enjoy that face-to-face interaction, we think we’ve prepared the next best option to ensure you still get that valuable convention booth experience.
Swing by Our Booth
Since our inception in 1971, we have had one goal in mind: to lead education that positively affects learners. That means rain or shine, pandemic or not, we will FIND A WAY to help you in the classroom and provide you with some new ideas.
We’ve recently developed a “virtual” convention booth experience like nothing you have ever seen before. Inside our booth, you will find different breakout zones where you can actually explore further about what we are up to in robotics, coding, STEM, and our customizable, full-scale programs.
- Our Coding Zone introduces all our AMAZING coding tools for Kindergarten through Grade 12, including KUBO, Code Cube™, Fable, Smart Buddies™, Microduino, and Arduino.
- Our Robotics Zone shares with you why robotics matters and provides you with some videos about UBTECH and TETRIX®, our robotics building systems that are used in so many schools already.
- Our STEM/STEAM Zone gives you some topics to think about including aerospace, dragsters, engineering, makerspace, physical science, structures, and sustainable energy. With more than 4,000 products to choose from, we are sure to have a solution that fits your needs. Here, you can take a quiz to determine your Teacher Type if you feel overwhelmed and don’t know where to start.
- Customize Your Program enables you to see the value of a redesigned learning environment and how our extensive career-focused curriculum and full-scale programs can provide your students with career-ready skills. You can also browse sample programs to see what others are doing.
HOW COOL is this?! Close your eyes and just imagine yourself walking around our booth at an actual conference looking at all the cool stuff we bring. This is the same type of thing, just a little different 😊. OK, maybe a lot of different, but the good thing is we are right there with you every step of the way.
Don’t Forget to Book a Meeting
While you are exploring our virtual convention, you can set up actual meetings with our educational account representatives if you want to dive deeper or have some additional questions.
- Have you been tasked with teaching a robotics course next year and don’t know where to start?
- Are you looking to enhance your coding classes?
- Do you have questions about how to tie career-ready skills to the classroom?
If you answered yes to any of the previous questions, we would love to chat with you! Always remember, we are HERE FOR YOU.
And, YES, Giveaways Are Still Up for Grabs
As with most conferences we attend, we love to hand out some FREE stuff. And, who doesn’t love free?! For our virtual booths, you can enter to win one of three prizes:
- Code Cube – Our new codable wearable that allows students to wear what they code and show it off to all their friends!
- Large Structures Maker Project – Students use big, fuzzy, colorful pipe cleaners with rocket body tubes to construct all kinds of shapes.
- TETRIX PRIME Dual-Control Robotics Set – This set includes everything you need for students to start building remote-controlled and autonomous robots with the TETRIX PRIME system.
If you’re feeling lucky, explore all the booths to get your name in the drawings here! We will be giving out prizes in both June and in July for each booth because the more the merrier!
Whatever your summer ends up looking like, I hope that it includes taking a break, soaking up a little sun, and getting some much-needed rest and relaxation. After all, 2020 has been one for the ages.
However, we will sure miss you this upcoming conference season! We’ll miss the smiling faces and valuable conversations. But don’t forget to swing by our virtual booth!
We’d sure love to “see” you! 😊
THANK YOU for all you do to impact students.