This year, Teacher Appreciation Week might look a little different, but our admiration for you, the educators, has stayed the same. Because that’s just it, you care and work hard no matter the circumstances. 👨🏫👩🏫 While thanking a teacher is an everyday thing for us, this week allows us to honor and show our love toward you even more ❤️.
We at Pitsco are lucky to work with hundreds of educators and know that TEACHERS ROCK 🤘 . . . because you do! And, as parents are becoming “instant” teachers and getting a glimpse of what you do day in, day out, you are recognized more than ever. Classroom learning might have been put on hold, but since you are today’s superheroes 🦸♀️, you are still striving to see students grow and succeed. This week, as we get to #ThankATeacher, we want to provide you with some tips on self-care that you’ll thank yourself for later!
Give Yourself an A+
As of right now, you might feel overwhelmed navigating how to teach virtually and trying to do it at a distance, but know we are along this journey together and are constantly rooting for you 💪. You give 100% and then some to your students each and every day. And to continue to do that, you need to become an avid caretaker of yourself.
You might need a reminder that your essential job requires some essential self-care to ensure you and your students have the tools to conquer each day 🛠. Self-care can keep you at the top of your game and keep you going during these challenging times. Finding ways to practice self-care at home or even making time for it might be difficult. To extend our gratitude to you, we created 🖐 ways you can do some self-care right in your own home 🏡.
- Create a schedule 🗓 – Waking up and knowing you’re already at work can blur the lines of when work starts and when it ends. To help, create a schedule that works for you and your students (when your video chats will start, how long they will last, when things are due, and so on). Make sure to also set boundaries with students and their parents by providing time that you’re available to help ⏰. Remember to give yourself several breaks throughout the day – we all need them. And when you’re finished working for the day, be finished.
- Sleep 😴 and exercise 🏃♀️ – Sometimes the most basic needs are the most important. Sleep and exercise can help manage stress and refill your energy levels 🔋 to tackle tasks throughout your day. Maintain a routine of a consistent bedtime not just for yourself but also so you can provide help for your students. Get moving! Whether it be workout videos in your living room, walking back and forth to the fridge, or using your dog 🐶 as an excuse to take long walks, as long as you get some exercise, you’re doing good for your body and for your mind 🧠.
- Stay connected 💻 ✉️ – While we are distancing from everyone around us, we can still stay connected socially. We are lucky to be living in a time where Zoom, FaceTime, and Skype are a thing and contacting each other is at the touch of a button 📱. Make an effort to reach out to family, friends, and colleagues. We all need some company and to connect with people who are experiencing the same things we are. Have a virtual meal 🍝 together or set up a time to talk each week. If you’re old-school or want to try something new, send some snail mail! Who doesn’t love getting a card in the mail 📪?
- Treat yourself 🧖♂️💅🍰 🛍 – However you treat yourself, you deserve it now all the more! Make time for things that make you happy 😄. Schedule some personal time and activities that will help you recharge and rejuvenate so you can be present for your students. You’re at home, you have time, use it!
- Be kind and forgive yourself 💛 – The most important step. Everything is going to be OK 👌. Shifting to distance learning overnight has created trial and plenty of error, but you shouldn’t stress about it. YOU are doing amazing things and giving yourself grace is the best thing you can do right now!
As you are teaching virtually, creating new lessons, or just supporting others, we thank you for your selflessness and always going the extra mile 👏. You are always taking care of students, but don’t forget to take time for yourself! Remember – you must fill up your own cup before you can fill up others’🥛.
Your work does not go unnoticed. Your persistence to continue education with the abrupt school year ending moves us. And you are most certainly appreciated!
From Us To You. . . .
- We LOVE ❤️ how big of a heart you have for your students.
- We LIKE 👍 how you are using this time to find new and fun ways to teach students at home.
- We CELEBRATE 🎉 you for your hard work and dedication.
- We CARE 😍 about you and your health. Stay safe and stay healthy!
And, don’t forget to enter our Teacher Appreciation Week giveaway. We’ll announce the winners on Friday, May 8.
THANK YOU for being YOU 👐! Happy Teacher Appreciation Week!